UNITED STATES ARTISTS CELEBRATION - Speeches on the theme of “Celebrate Artistic Freedom” for host Tim Robbins, Executive Director, Katharine De Shaw and Chair, Samuel Hoi
STARWOOD HOTELS INTERNATIONAL - Keynote address on Global Citizenship and Sustainability by Ken Siegel, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel of Starwood Hotels and Resorts for all international Starwood V.P’s.
TOSHIBA TELECOM - A 45-minute speech for BRIAN METHERELL, the new president of Toshiba Telecom addressing the National Sales Force’s problem of late shipments while motivating pride in the company and the future. Combined three technical telephony PRODUCT MANAGEMENT DIVISION presentations theatrically using the theme “Imagine the Possibilities.”
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LATINO PRODUCERS - Keynote Address for CHARLIE KOONES, President and Publisher of Variety, addressing the needs of the marginalized Latino film community by educating and inspiring them to use multi-level platforms to gain exposure.
CENTENNIAL LEADERSHIP AWARD - Speech for JIM CASELLA, Vice Chairman of Reed Business accepting an award from the American Jewish Committee on the provocative theme of hatred and hope by focusing on the parent-child relationship.
UCLA ALUMNI AWARDS - Conceived and wrote the 2009 and 2011 UCLA Awards sponsored by the UCLA Alumni Association meeting the challenge of providing integrated rhythm and flow to academic introductions and speeches.
CANCER HOPE NETWORK FUND-RAISER - Speech for KEN SIEGEL, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel of Starwood Hotels and Resorts accepting a Leadership Award and motivating fund-raising through the theme of hope and success of survivors.
• For NABISCO, created a spoof called, HOLLYWOOF SQUARES featuring faux celebrities, vets and dogs to educate the Sales Force about a new flavor of Milk Bone Dog Biscuits.
• A New York Waldorf Astoria event for the AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MAGAZINE EDITORS AWARDS was one of the highlights of my life span interviewing 50 Senior Magazine Editors for a video, “Where Do Ideas Come From?”
• For Sales Training Pharma, the use of humor was the key to success in combining information with entertainment for WYETH-AYERS MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT VIDEOS so that Pharmaceutical Reps could learn about cold calling and body language.
• Humor was also the key ingredient for AT&T, L’OREAL and a TIMEX fashion show featuring a runway of wrists and fingers modeling watches.
INTERACTIVE VIDEOS (Touch screen interactive training vides for pharmaceutical)
• Conceived and wrote a number of touch-screen interactive videos for PFIZER to attract physicians to their trade show booth by creating interactive patient profiles for V-Fend, Viagra, Aricept and Geodon.
TRADE SHOWS PRESENTATIONS
• IOMEGA, a 5-minute rock mini-musical that attracted zoned-out delegates to something live and energetic.
• PANASONIC, an informative and entertaining parody that engaged delegates through character, humor and originality.
• Also conceived and created innovative booths for DIASONIC, DORNIER and PFIZER.
• Launched interactive video game format with production house for IOMEGA
• For JOHNSON & JOHNSON Household Products Division, a multi-media TV morning show format featuring segments to inform and motivate the Sales Force about new products lines.
• For NEW YORK LIFE conceived a dazzling history of New York City through the combination of live, music, video and New York Life archival material.
PITCH DOCUMENTS FOR MARKETING BUSINESS PLANS
• With my experience in Film and TV, created a pitch document for CBC-TV for a new drama series called, FASHION WEEK and successfully attracted international investors.
• For MAY STREET PRODUCTIONS, conceived and wrote a pitch document for an hour long TV legal series called, POWER OF ATTORNEY
THE BROAD STAGE Season Brochure 2012-2013 (Santa Monica) RHODA GOETZ FOUNDATION (Los Angeles)
Having written many theater shows including Broadway and Off Broadway, I bring a theatrical craft and sensibility to presentations and meetings, large or small. This experience has sharpened my skills for creating momentum for 2-3 day conferences and in learning the strengths and talents of company executives when incorporating them into creative presentations.
• Conceived and wrote a Radio City Music Hall extravaganza for the 100th Anniversary of the AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS called, A Century of Entertainment. Buttoned-up accountants cheered high-kicking Rockettes and the integration of sketches and musical numbers written specifically for their profession.
• CHESEBOROUGH PONDS and BEIERSDORF experienced the efficacy of a live performance using the concept of the PHIL DONAHUE and DR. PHIIL show with an actor portraying the TV personalities and featuring company executives as guests to educate the Sales Force. Audience plants and pre-taped phone-in questions helped members of the Sales Force to have all their issues addressed.
• Original lyrics for HEWLETT-PACKARD to a boy band song entertained and motivated the Sales Force, especially when it featured their own HP Execs.
An hour-long musical comedy chronology saluted DICTAPHONE using music, actors, singers, dancers and Dictaphone personnel to tell the history of the company and celebrate its future.
MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING CONVENTIONS
Writing dozens of events for multi-level marketing companies has provided me the experience of focusing on incentive. From MARY KAY and PARTYLITE to AVON and TUPPERWARE, I grasp and understand the need for motivation and the introduction of new products to inspire people embarking on an independent adventure and their quest for success. For SHAKLEE, created over 23 live shows, speeches, videos, after-dinner entertainments and events that spanned 3-5 days in exotic destinations. Since many of the same delegates attended the meetings year after year, the challenge was to top the previous year in creativity, surprise, emotion and motivation.
BOOK PUBLICATIONS A THAILAND JOURNEY. For Thailand Tourist Agency wrote a glossy coffee table book advertorial to inspire foreign travelers to buy a Thailand Privilege Card and build a second home in Thailand.